[AZ-Observing] Fireball Meteor 6/21/13 8:22pm

  • From: <kevin.kozel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 20:15:13 -0400

Hey all.

I went outside last evening and lo and behold!  A Super Bright and Very Long
Meteor shot across the sky from about 10 degrees south of Vega all the way to
about 5 degrees south of Arcturus. It was a creamy yellowish white color in the
interior and a bright red all around the edges.  The meteor cast shadows of my
pick-up truck on the driveway and my tree in the yard.  It broke up into
numerous pieces just before if faded away and left a very clearly seen vapor
trail.

Those of you who were at the All AZ S.P. in 2011 saw a very bright meteor which
lit up the mountains all around us.  Well, the meteor last night was just as
bright, but was much longer.  What a nice sight for a Sunday Night!

IF only I had my camera out instead of my toothbrush!!
Kevin Kozel