[AZ-Observing] Re: FW: Sunspot image LINK

  • From: "Dan Heim" <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 10:57:07 -0700

Dawn,

Nice shot!  When I took my first shots using an H-alpha filter, I too was
surprised at how much more the camera "saw" compared to my eyes.  It was
later explained to me that the CCD is more sensitive to those longer
wavelength reds than the eye is.  Especially so for "older" eyes.  :)

Dan Heim
http://www.dfacaz.org