[AZ-Observing] FW: Its about time for smart lighting!!! Yes to 1218

  • From: "Mozdzen, Tom J" <tom.j.mozdzen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <EVAC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 00:19:11 -0700

Here is a copy of what I wrote.

Please do not cut and paste, but let it give you an idea. I probably
wrote too much.

Please do not delay - contact them tonight or first thing in the
morning.

Tom

        Hello,

        I totally support  SB1218 and encourage you support it also.

        Dark skies can be achieved without sacrificing safety and it can
save us energy.

        This is a step in the right direction in reducing our dependence
upon middle east oil.

        Not only is it the patriotic thing to do, but it helps the
Arizona economy by preserving astronomy related investments.

        Just as importantly, we will be preserving an underappreciated
resource in Arizona - the ability to see the stars of the dark nighttime
sky - for generations to come. Arizona is a favorite destination for
amateur astronomer all over the world due to its favorable night skies -
dark and cloud free.

        I feel very strongly about this issue and will be very
interested to see how my elected officials vote on this matter.

        Thank you,

        Tom Mozdzen