[AZ-Observing] Re: End of the H400

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 17:18:48 -0700

Howdy all;

Well, we had 8 people at the Hovatter Antennas site last night.  It was =
very nice night.  AJ and I got some sleep and then got up in time for =
Summer
Milky Way.  It was glorious.

The Comet (S-W3) is very nice.  We viewed the B and C components and =
they
are both very "comet shaped" and easily bright enough to see even in my
little 8X42 binoculars.  In the 4 inch refractor there is a nice bright =
core
and about 1.5 degrees to the tail of the piece that is near Hercules =
(C?).

I shot a roll of film to make certain that it is still good, after about =
4
years or so in my freezer.  I got some pretty nice shots of the comet =
and a
variety of star fields with fun deep sky stuff.  I will show off a few =
at
the club meeting.

All in all, a very fun weekend;
Steve Coe