[AZ-Observing] Re: Eagle Eye Survey Site....

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 11:56:59 -0700

Thad;

That is what I wanted to hear, thanks for the report.

I have another possible site in the same general area.  It is farther on
down Salome road, another 15 miles or so.  But the dirt road into it needs a
little work and so does the site.  Because it is already late April and I
didn't figure we would make use of it until Fall I didn't give directions to
the larger site.  Maybe in the cool weather after this Summer we can make
our way there and have a work party to clear some rocks off the road and
fill in a few areas to make it more passable for the low riders.  It would
then accommodate a club star party of 15 or 20 vehicles.  As I said this
site is 20 miles on down the road.

Salome Gas Line Site

Take Salome road to about mile marker 9 (this is about 15 miles past Eagle
Eye road), there is a big white hand painted sign that says "KD CO", take a
right turn (north) and you are on a perfectly straight road that services a
natural gas line.  Take it for about 3 miles off the pavement along the dirt
road to gas line mile marker 14, it is an orange "14" marker on the left
side.  Just past that is a right turn, take it.  Immediately take the left
fork and the site is 1/10 of a mile on the left, a pretty large desert
pavement.  You know me, I put down a white rock marker to the site.

We can try that later;
Steve Coe

Author "Deep Sky Observing--The Astronomical Tourist"
Saguaro Astronomy Club website
www.saguaroastro.org