[AZ-Observing] EW Paper Given at the S-P Meeting in Dewey

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ-Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 19:41:33 -0700

I have finished cleaning up the Equivalent Width paper I gave yesterday
at the Spectroscopy-Photometry meeting at my home-observatory in Dewey,
Arizona. It is at
http://users.commspeed.net/stanlep/EquivalentWidth.doc
It is a WORD document and 1.7MB in size.

The procedure I came up with is too obvious and simple for someone else
to not have thought of it. As a result, I am certain I am probably
re-inventing the wheel, so to speak. In any event, this is the paper of
my creation I gave yesterday. I understand determining the continuum is
central to computing an EW. This is my approach.
Regards,
Stan