[AZ-Observing] Re: [EVAC] Space Station Flyover Monday Night

  • From: "mcqz" <mcqz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 20:53:07 -0700

We had a spectacular view of the pass from our front yard in Winslow.  We
took turns with the 10x50s and caught it at about 15 degrees and followed it
all the way across to about 40 degrees on the SE side.  My wife is a little
hard to impress and she was with me the whole time.  The fade out was pretty
cool in the binos, as the bright white faded to pale red and did the
cheshire cat thing.

Thanks for the heads up.
Fran McQ
Winslow