[AZ-Observing] Re: Dome and observatory for low price

  • From: "Stanley A. Gorodenski" <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 10:29:55 -0800

I do not live far from the observatory for sale. For some time I thought it
would be nice to have another more remote observing site because of the buildup
in the Prescott area, but really cannot afford another property for a couple
more years. Of course in a couple more years I will be a couple years older,
which at my age is significant, but if I adopt the attitude that I will never
die it is INsignificant. Anyway, with that in mind, to add to Steve's message
this is what I found out. It is a home made observatory from wood and aluminum
sheeting. The slit is about 2 feet wide. The aluminum skin appeared to be pop
riveted, although it may have been screwed, to the wood frame. It is a nice
observatory, but the construction may make it difficult to
take apart and transport.
Stan