[AZ-Observing] Re: Dome Design Question

  • From: "Bill VanOrden" <beevo1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 20:52:34 -0700

This doesn't have a lot to do with your shutter question, but I saw, while
aimlessly trolling the internet a few weeks ago, a dome a guy made from 2"
thick Styrofoam sheet and then stucco'd.  Each section was glued up from
triangles to make a fairly decent looking geodesic dome.  If I ever did it I
would go with a  fiberglass shell over the foam

Beevo (aka Bill VanOrden)  K7BVO