[AZ-Observing] Re: Directions to Eagle-Eye

  • From: "Frank Kraljic" <FJKraljic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 00:25:53 -0700

Tom Polakis and I observed from Eagle Eye a few weeks ago.  Personally, I
feel Eagle Eye is darker than Vekol and tends to have better seeing, however
bugs are the site's major drawback.

Last fall we were nearly eaten alive, and a few weeks ago, although not as
bad, the bugs did exist.  I strongly suggest bringing bug repellant.  Also
of note, semi-trucks travel frequently on the road leading to Salome and are
visible from the site.  The exposure is minimal and does not cause problems
unless you enjoy watching them drive by.

Other than the above, the site is open, relatively flat, and easy to find.

-FRANK