[AZ-Observing] Re: Cool in Wickenburg

  • From: <k7jrg@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 9:04:33 -0700

Steve

        Ken and I are at the antennas, we had a good cool night last night. It
was 26 when I went to bed at 1230 am.  no wind.  Ken is staying till Tuesday
and I will stay till Wednesday.  Ball chilling cold but will be very clear thru
Tuesday.

Joe
---- stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Howdy all;

I had an insomnia attack tonight and have not been to sleep yet.  So, I
decided to drive into Wickenburg and buy some groceries at the Safeway.
When I stepped outside I was shocked at how cold it was.  Once I got the
car started, the external thermometer on the Saturn told me it was 26
degrees.  The wind is blowing about 10mph and gusting to 18 or 20.  I
was happy to get the heater working.

It seems that these temps will be with us through the weekend.  I don't
know if anyone is still at the Antennas site, but if there are observers
there, they are cold.

Crazy, man, crazy;
Steve Coe

Joseph R. Goss