[AZ-Observing] Comet Tempel back to normal in 11 inch

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amastro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 14:11:11 -0700

Howdy all;

Just a quick note about Comet Tempel last night (July 5, 2005).  It =
appeared
very similar to the pre-impact views in my Nexstar 11 with a 22mm =
Panoptic
and 14mm UWA eyepieces, so 125X and 200X.  The same fan shaped coma and =
tiny, approximately 13th magnitude, core that was seen about 20% of the =
time
and never held steady.

This observation was 47 hours after impact from a site that is 80 miles =
from
Phoenix Arizona near the little town of Salome, Az.  I rated the seeing =
and
transparency at 7 out of 10.

It was fun while it lasted;
Steve Coe