[AZ-Observing] Re: Comet Lovejoy Photos

  • From: "Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)" <mrgalaxy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 05:07:54 GMT

Benson, AZ 85602
hm ph: 520-586-2244 Those are spectacular comet images on Robb's website, the
best I've seen yet. The bifurcated comet tail and the apparent lack of cometary
nucleus is interesting. I thought the superposition of a "real" comet in front
of the "false comet" open cluster in Scorpius was a great catch. I remember the
nice tour of the Uppsala survey building Robb gave my friend, Noel Keyes, and I
when we visited Siding Spring Observatory, lo these many years ago, where we
also visited Gordon Garrad among other familiar names. The place (and Robb and
Gordon) hasn't changed much.
Clear skies,
Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)