[AZ-Observing] Comet 17P/Holmes Challenges

  • From: "Albert Stiewing" <amst@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 10:16:06 -0700

The last drawing I saw from Jeremy showed multiple jets fanning out from the
nucleus within the inner coma. Try as I might, I can not see or image them.
They are there. See the attached link from the ap-goto yahoo group.

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com:80/comet_17_p_holmes_stokes_page.htm

Deep ccd images are starting to show a tail.