[AZ-Observing] Comedy of errors on IC410

  • From: "Bernard Miller" <bgmiller011@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 19:28:38 -0700

Hi,

I almost gave up on this image, but given the comedy of errors that went
into it, I am actually quite happy with it. During imaging, my camera came
loose and rotated as the scope tracked across the sky. This lead to some
interesting sub-frames. I also ended up with the RGB frame rotate 20 degrees
from the Luminance frame after calibration and stacking. To cap off the
disaster, I captured the R and G binned 2x2, but screwed up and captured the
B binned 1x1. I used Excalibrator to get the colors right (I think), and did
some fancy rotating and cropping in PS to get the part of the image where
the L and RGB overlapped. That explains the weird aspect ratio. Anyway,
given the comedy of errors that went into capturing the data, I am amazed I
got anything. I also think this image looks a lot like the Rosette Nebula.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/IC410.htm

Bernard