[AZ-Observing] Cherry Road 8/19/06 Excellent

  • From: "Jack Jones" <Telescoper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "AZ Observing List" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 16:30:08 -0700

Cherry Road was excellent last night for the SAC Star Party and Novice Group
meeting, and turned into a long 7-hour observing session, a rarity for me in
the summer months.  Seeing wasn't that good and a few occasional banks of
patchy clouds rolled over. The Moon was to come up at 0240, but was not a
factor until after 3 due to the hilly terrain. Those staying the night were
myself, Joan McGue, Peter Argenziano, Lynn Blackburne, and the intrepid Jimmy
Ray. The other 22 vehicles reluctantly departed mostly around the 11 to
midnight "decision time". Not being out since June, I kept up a blistering
pace of observed objects for a grand total of 14 new objects, or an average of
2/hr!

Jack Jones
Public Events Coordinator
Saguaro Astronomy Club