[AZ-Observing] Re: Celestron CG-5GT mount/tripod??

  • From: "messier" <messier@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 16:40:27 -0700

I have a C11 ASGT (Advanced Series). If that is the beast you are =
referring
to, then I would respectfully disagree with your profit-motivated =
dealer. My
mount has not gone back to Celestron and it won't either. I am sure that
speak for the many subscribers to the CelestronAS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx =
discussion
list in their support for the product as well. A few have sent their =
mounts
back, and there are known issues. The vast majority, however, work very =
well
and for the money, would have to be considered an excellent value.

Frank
=20