[AZ-Observing] Cat's Eye Nebula

  • From: Albert Barr <ajbarr@xxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "EVAC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <EVAC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Forum SAC <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 15:58:20 -0700

Last night I added 3.5 hours of Ha to the 6 hours of OIII I have on the Cat's
Eye. I never imaged in heat like this and my camera did not do a great job
cooling so I had a lot of background noise.
In any event I combined the data in PixInsight and produced a bi-color image of
this interesting target. The eye resolves nicely. Camera is an SX H16 mono and
the Scope is a Celestron 8 HD and I used my off axis guider.

Here's a link:

Albert

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49526053@N04/9046196176/