[AZ-Observing] Re: Camelopardalids Observation

  • From: Scott Rick <rmscott@xxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ-Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 18:08:57 -0700

It seems I have inconsistent times in my posting. The peak seems to be around
10:30 PM, not 11:30 PM as I original posted.

On May 24, 2014, at 5:42 PM, Scott Rick <rmscott@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I observed the Camelopardalids from Oak Flat campground last night starting
around 10 PM MST. Between my wife and I, we saw 6 to 8 from about 10:15 PM to
11 PM. Then one more after midnight. It seems that the peak was around 11:30
PM. They were generally short in length and not very bright. I saw to sporadics
coming from the west that were quite bright and long. Around 11:30 PM (very
approximate since I did not check the time) I saw a very bright slow moving
bolide that was heading east paralleling and below the Milky Way. Iwas as
bright or brighter than Mars and broke apart just before disappearing.

Rick Scott--