[AZ-Observing] California Fires

  • From: "Stanley A. Gorodenski" <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:26:21 -0800

 From this morning I read:
"We do have westerly winds that will continue to push the fire upwards
into the communities of Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear," said Carol
Beckley, fire information for the Old Fire in San Bernardino County. "It
really could become catastrophic if the winds continue."

If this happens, it could spell the end of RTMC as we know it if the
fire hits Camp Oaks. Camp Oaks, where RTMC is held, is only about 10
miles east of the Big Bear Lake area. It doesn't seem likely this could
happen, but it is something to be concerned about.

Stan