[AZ-Observing] Astronomy Open House at ASU West -- October 29th

  • From: Paul Schmidtke <PAUL.SCHMIDTKE@xxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ-OBSERVING@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 12:10:05 -0700

  *                                                                 *
  *   ASTRONOMY OPEN HOUSE AT ASU WEST -- WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 29TH   *
  *                                                                 *

Everyone is invited to the Fall 2003 Astronomy Open House at ASU West,
to be held held 6:30-9:00PM on Wednesday, October 29th, in the La Sala
ballroom.  The program features telescope viewing (of the Moon and Mars),
videos, computer demos, and more than 50 (!) exhibits prepared by ASU
West astronomy students!

Families and large groups are encouraged to attend.

Admission is free, but parking is not ($2 event parking fee).  :(

An online flyer (http://www.west.asu.edu/atpcs/OpenHouseFall2002.jpg)
is available.

For more info e-mail to Paul.Schmidtke@xxxxxxx or call (602) 543-6068.

* La Sala is not hard to find since there are only a few major buildings
on campus!  Just enter campus from Thunderbird Road and 47th Avenue and
follow signs for "visitor parking" and "special event."

** If anyone wants to bring a telescope, please let me know.  During the
open house we set up on the west side of campus.  It's not a great site,
but it is convenient.  We'll have our Meade 10" LX200 in operation.

Hope you can come!
-- Paul