[AZ-Observing] Abnormally Clear March

  • From: "tpolakis@xxxxxxx" <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ-Observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 10:49:45 -0400

It sure seems like the past month has been clearer than usual=2E  I wonder=
ed
how much so, and went to Brian Skiff's nighttime cloudiness summary, much
of which I had already entered into a spreadsheet=2E=20

http://www=2Elowell=2Eedu/Research/cloudiness=5Fdata/clouds=2Ehtml=20

Here is my plot of this month's cloudiness with the data for the month of
March back to 1980=2E=20

http://members=2Ecox=2Enet/tpolakis/astro/clouds=5F0308=2Ejpg=20

The average number of March nights that are clear dusk to dawn
(photometric) is 5=2E8=2E In 2008, we had 13 of them=2E Including "partial=
"
nights as clear for our purposes brings the total of clear nights to 20,
which also compares well against the average of 10=2E4=2E=20

Of course, the Phoenix precipitation for March 2008 was 0=2E00 inches=2E

Tom