[AZ-Observing] A comet, galaxies, and a passing meteor

  • From: edwin hubble <hubble_edwin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: azObserving <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Starry Nights <starrynights@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 03:07:59 -0800 (PST)

Forwarded by Victor Herrrero
http://hubbleed.bravehost.com/
To:     taaaforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From:   "Dean Salman" <cluster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Tue, 25 Dec 2007 01:12:53 -0000
Subject:[TAAA_Forum] A comet, galaxies, and a passing meteor

This is an image taken of Comet Holmes when it was passing by NGC 1169
which is seen on the lower right of this image. Also seen is UGC 2504
which is seem faintly under the head of the comet about half way to the
bottom of the image. The blue streak seen on the left side is a
passing by Geminid Meteor caught in the blue filter exposure since this
was taken Dec 13, 2007 which is the peak of the shower. The meteor
was a surprise to see in the image of the comet so I left it in.

This is five 3 minute images with the RGB filters giving this a total
exposure of 45 minutes. This image was taken by Dean Salman with John
Brigitte (from the UK) during his visit at The Astronomers Inn in
Benson, AZ

http://www.ccdimages.com/ccds/CometHomles2007big.jpg

Dean Salman
Dean,
Great image. I found that blinking our images taken 2 days apart is
rather interesting

http://members.cox.net/mrtmgt/17P%20Holmes.jpg

Michael Turner