[AZ-Observing] Re: A Winter View of the Summer Milky Way

  • From: "Jimmy Ray" <jimmy_ray@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 13:01:29 -0700

Hi Tom,

For me you have just made a very valuable observation.=20

" Note that Jeremy stopped the lens down from f/3.5 (its widest at 18mm) =
to f/7.1 in order to sharpen the stars and reduce the vignetting."

That should help some of my current issues with using the kit lens. I am =
currently "stuck" with the kit lens until I acquire better or find that =
the lens adapters available to use lenses from my Nikon FTN on the Canon =
XTi won't damage the electronics in some manner.=20

Thank you for the post,

Jimmy Ray