[AZ-Observing] Re: 3,000 images -- 3,000 words

  • From: Gene A Lucas <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 19:30:51 -0700

Sooooo.... U 2???
Geeee, I thought I was the ONLY ONE that ever got NAILED for over-quoting !!
I vote to turn it off, too!  Or maybe set it so it is not so short....

THX fer da neat info about the Apollo missions, though...
Oh, don't forget about the issues of having to view through several
plastic visors on the space suit...
-----
I think Axel Mellinger was at RTMC a couple years ago, selling copies of
his earlier Milky Way images.

And don't forget about Doug George and Peter Ceravolo (creators of MaxIM
DL software and Ceravolo Optics), who photographed the WHOLE SKY --
TWICE for their Desktop Universe planetarium software (ca. 2002)....
from sites in Arizona and Australia....20,000 images!
Quoting from the Imaginova web pages:
"New York, NY - March 3, 2005 - Imaginova Corp. and Main-Sequence
Software, Inc. announce the release of /Starry Night Pro Plus version
5.0 ... /Licensed from Main-Sequence, publisher of Desktop Universe, the
AllSky mosaic is the first-ever, full-color CCD image covering the sky
from pole to pole. The mosaic was painstakingly stitched together from
20,000 individual images taken using a custom telescope incorporating an
Apogee AP9E scientific grade CCD camera. Main-Sequence aligned the tiles
with astrometric accuracy, allowing the /Starry Night/ team to precisely
match up the mosaic with the /Starry Night/ computer generated stars and
databases. /Starry Night Pro Plus version 5.0/ users can now smoothly
and swiftly explore a full color photograph of the entire night sky, to
a limiting magnitude of 14-15. "

Gene Lucas
(17250)