[AZ-Observing] 2010 AASP

  • From: "AJ Crayon" <acrayon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "SAC Forum" <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "AZ Observing" <AZ-Observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "EVAC Forum" <EVAC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 16:29:34 -0700

Just a note to let all know how much fun there was to be had at the 2010 AASP.
For starters, my telescope wouldn't push-to any object at all.  So around
10:00pm it was time to shut it down, take my standard 1 hour beauty rest and
get up.  After arising I walked around the observing field, and it is an
extremely large field, looking through other folks' scopes and talking with a
number of people.  So around 2:00am I hit the sack.

During the day Saturday there was more discussion about various astronomy
topics, telescopes and what not.  I stayed for the drawing, never won anything,
and dinner.  The chili dinner was excellent.  It didn't have a big kick of
spices, more like a little nudge.  Had to go back for seconds it was so gooood.

Regardless of my scope not working it was a great star party.  Thanks EVAC!

AJ Crayon
Phoenix, AZ