[az-astroimaging] Re: IC5070 - The Pelican Nebula in narrowband

  • From: Howard Anderson <handy13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-astroimaging@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 18:08:10 -0700

Hi Bernard,

Another spectacular shot...   Worthy of publication...

Thanks,

Howard

Bernard Miller wrote:

Hi,

Here is an image of the Pelican Nebula using 3nm narrowband filters and processed with the Hubble Palette. There is much more OIII than I expected. I had assumed this nebula would be heavy in Ha and light in SII and OIII, but there was almost as much OIII as Ha. I did not expect this, but it did result in a nice blue color in the main part of the nebula.

http://www.azstarman.net/IC5070_NB.htm

Comments and suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks,

Bernard