[az-astroimaging] Double Cluster

  • From: Albert Barr <ajbarr@xxxxxx>
  • To: az-astroimaging@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 16:28:25 -0700

This is a wide field of the Double Cluster I did from light polluted Phoenix a
few nights ago. I wanted to test doing all 60 second exposures with guiding and
dithering. I did about 60 luminance and 60 RGB exposures. They were calibrated
in Maxim but stacked and processed in PixInsight. I used drizzle initially
which doubled the file size and deconvolution took a few hours to complete. The
gradient due to light pollution really wasn’t too bad and the drizzle technique
really helped increase the resolution and make for nice round stars. This
definitely looks better on a computer screen but I think I can image relatively
bright objects from home despite bad light pollution by using shorter exposures.

Albert

https://www.flickr.com/photos/49526053@N04/15788429221/in/photostream/lightbox/
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/49526053@N04/15788429221/in/photostream/lightbox/>