<USS Avalon> To Secession or Not to Secession a Question?

  • From: CMOSNUFFY@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 17:55:58 EST

To Secession or Not To Secession A Question?
Lt 2nd  Snuffy

Snuffy and Vikmil awoke the next moring to find a refreshing day, yet a
somber day also.  Snuffy is to speak once last tome before the vote to seceede
the
Federation.  The chime at Snuffy's hatch rang.  Snuffy " Who is it?"  A voice
outside " I am Commander Ganth, I have three other Allurian Starfleet officers
with me, we are not armed and wish to speak with you, may we enter?"

Snuffy looks at Vikmil and nodds as he selects the ba'th'let and tosses
Snuffy's to the bed. Vikmil stands neer the door. Snuffy "Enter!"  The hatch
opens
and the four Starfleet officers enter and form a rank to the right side of the
hatch. Ganth " Snuffy, please have your man to stand down, that is an order!
We are here to tell you that we are in support of you and will leave Alluria
with you when the vote is done.  We will return to Starfleet and carry out our
careers."  Vikmil moved toward Snuffy and laid his Ba'th'let on the nest, but
at close hand. Snuffy " Commander, please identifly these officers and your
assignments."  Ganth "I am Ganth Assistant Securty Chief on the USS Cochrane
NCC-59318 an Oberth Class ship, this is Ltjg Crark, of the USS Goddard
NCC-59621
A Korolve Class He is in the Science department.  Next is Ensin Latrol,
Assistant Communications Officer for the USS Zapata NCC 33184 a Surak class
ship
mostly crewed by Vulcans.  Last is Captain Dritif, Command Officer of the Deep
Space  4 a Regulas Class Station near Gorn territory.  We believe that you are
right about the secession and it must not go through!  However there is on
Starfleet officer on the planet that has not made a decision, that is
LtCommander
Ricks who is assigned to Sol III Starfleet HQ as an instructor at the
Academy."  Snuffy looked at the four, "Sir why was I, the only to speak out?"
Dritif
" You are the most knowned in the fleet.  You were raised by Humans and have
lived with them longer than we.  If the voter are to be swayed, it will come
from your speech to day."

Snuffy looked at the five people in his quaters.  He knew that HE was now
thier leader, even if two did outrank him.  Snuffy "I am to be on the main
floor
as the last speeker before the vote.  I want ALL of you on the floor with me.
Now go I have to plonder how to do this speech to save our way of life and
our planet."  Vikmil took a seat by the hatch as the others left.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Three hours later the General Assembly of Alluria met with planet wide veido
coverage in live brodcast.  There had been four that spoke against staying in
the Federation and looking to only do trade with some of its members.  There
had been only one for the staying in the Federation.  Now Snuffy walked onto
the platform.  He turned slowly to look at the crowd and He looked at each
section before walking to the podiem.  Then Vikmil and the four other Allurians
walked onto the platform.  There was an errie salience in the Assembly Hall.
Snuffy spoke " My fellow Allurians, there have been concerns about my speaking
here tonight. Concerns about my childhood. Concerns about my being raised by
Humans may have corrupted me.  THEY HAVE NOT!  I am Allurian!  There are four
Allurians behind me who serve in Starfleet, one is a Commanding Officer!  The
last person on the platform is a Guest of mine and has NO say in the matter. He
is only observing and preforming the role of bodyguard here today.  Vikmil is a
guest of all Alluria and is to be treated as a Guest when this bitter vote is
over!   Snuffy turned slowly anain and looked at the crowd once again.
Speaking " I am a member of the Federation's Starfleet the Officers with me are
members also.  We have decided to remain members after tnhe vote, no matter
what
the results are.  Those whom have sopker against the Federation all have on
point that seems to be thier battle cry: ' We want our independance!'  well are
you free to do what you want to do ?  Are you free to become what you want to
be come? What do they want independance from, Freedom?  Do they want to be
enslaved?  There are races outthere that wouls do just that, ENSLAVE US!  With
the Federation we are free to do what we want, any time we please.  The choice
is only this:  the freedom you enjoy today or enslavement at the hands of
others.  I encourage you to vote to keep the Federation here to protect your
rights
of freedom!  Thank you."  Snuffy starts to leave the platform, there is a a
thundering noise that begains solfly and then shakes the Assembly Hall.  The
clapping and yelling of those in the ten teirs of the Assembly Hall in response
to Snuffy's speech,  No other speaker had this response to thier speech.
Snuffy, Vikmil and the others left the Hall.  The vote is set to start in two
Hours and will last for four.

End Log