<USS Avalon> The Vote

  • From: CMOSNUFFY@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 00:10:29 EST

The Vote
Lt 2nd Snuffy

After the speech that Snuffy had made, the vote started about 4 hours later.
Snuffy and the four Allurian officers with him voted to stay in the
Federation.  They returned to Snuffy's quaters to await the results.

Commander Ganth and Captain Dritif Got a meal from the replicator while
Snuffy and LtJg Crark started a game of tri-D chess.  Vikmil turned on a viewer
watch the results.  Soon the five gave up on food, chess and the results and a
game of "texas Hold'em" broke out.  Snuffy had learned the game at the
Academy and soon Vikmil was holding all the chips.  Beginner's lock was the
rant
from the Allurians as the Jaconian laughed.

A buzz from the Hatch sounded.  Snuffy "Who is it?"  "LtCDR Ricks" Answered
with his name.  Snuffy "Enter."  Ricks " I listened to your speech and I have
made my decision to join you, if you will have me."  Snuffy " You are welcome."
 Ricks entered the room and took a seat near the viewer to watch the results.

After almost 12 hours there was still not a clear decision in the vote.  The
vote for the Federation was in a slim lead  of 6,657,917,229 to 6,655,112,337
with more than 2,000,000,000 votes to be counted.

Snuffy went to the Communications terminal in the room to send the following
subspace message to Starfleet:

"Lt2nd Snuffy to StarFleet Command, the five Allurian Officers in the Fleet
will be returning to duty shortly.  Expected time of departure to Sol III is
three days. We have decided to remain in the service of Starfleet no matter the
results.   Snuffy out."

The six people in the room all sacked out with an alarm set for the end
results.  Dritif awaken to find that the Federation was losing by almost a
thousand
votes with about
100,000 votes left.  He decided to watch .

At nearly 17 hours after the first vote, the results were in and the alarm
went off!  It was ovr and the final decision was cast. the fate of a planet and
the Federation was at hand. With a margin of only 3 votes, the Federation has
won.  Alluria would stay in the Fedration for the time being.  There may be
another vote in years to come, hopefully it will be civilized as this one had.

The six Allurian officers, the Ambassador, & Vikmil entered the RA Authur and
begain a journey to Sol III and to more adventures in Starfleet.  Four days
after leaving Alluria, there was an assination of the leader of the opposition.
Investagators could find only little evidence to whom had killed the Allurian
Ambassodor to the Rolumulian Empire.   The only evidence was a small portion
of cloth that was Rolumian in nature.

After Dropping off the passangers, the RA Authur returned to the Avalon.
Snuffy & Vikmil exited the RA and proceded to the Captian's ready room.  There
thet reported for duty.

End Log