<USS Avalon> "The Recruit" Pt. 3

  • From: "Brad Ruder" <GroundZero@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 22:26:39 -0700

?The Recruit? ? Part Three
by Lieutenant Commander Javan Sierra

STARDATE 0006.16

The room was baron except for a podium, clad in darkness black, and a dozen chairs placed in close proximity to one another. The room couldn?t have been more than twelve square feet, but it was enough for the new protégées that would be trained here. They filed into the room, girl then boy then girl again, and seated themselves accordingly. The walls were transparent to the people observing on the other side, but to those in the room it was nothing than a tope bland wall.

They all sat quietly, their eyes locked on the empty podium, and their hands neatly tucked in a clasp on their respective laps. It was a picture of perfect etiquette. A lone man emerged from a door opposite of the one that the dozen filed out of and he took the podium. His eyes were aged with wisdom and experience, and his posture was not that of a Starfleet officer ? contradictory to the red-topped uniform he was wearing with the four golden pips lining his collar.

?As for right now, you no longer exist.?

Murmurs circled the groups, but control was not lost. A blonde in the front row, who was noted as being an expert in the form of seduction ? not an academy graduate, raised her hand and then stood after receiving the acknowledging nod. ?Sir, if I may, what does that exactly mean??

?Rule number one, don?t ask stupid questions. Unlike Starfleet Academy we will not caudal and tell you everything that you don?t understand. It is a rule that you learn things for yourselves, and most importantly learn from your mistakes.? He sighed and rubbed his nose, ?Because out there, in the galaxy that you all know so little about, there are no second chances.?

?Understood, sir.?

?I?m Captain Thaddeus Adams. I?m the Commandant of this facility, which we have aptly named ?The Grounds?. At no point during the training will you leave these grounds under any circumstances.? He stepped out from behind the pedestal and walked around the group. ?If you do you will be subject to termination; I don?t mean fired either.?

PADDs materialized in the slots on all chairs with a shimmer and a buzz. The ensigns weren?t startled, but quickly disarmed them from their holsters. They read over them in silence and after a while concealing them to every eye but their own. Suspicious eyes began roaming the group as the letter deepened and more information surfaced.

?Have you all read the contents of the PADDs in your hands??

The group nodded in consensus.

?So, by now, you are aware that four people in this group are already operatives of Section 31 and their job is to stay concealed under cover. Your mission as new recruits is to determine who they are and what their intentions are by any means necessary.? His eyes penetrated the group?s front. ?Also enclosed in those files is specific information that you are NOT to relinquish to ANYONE under ANY circumstances.?

A gentleman in the back of the two roles raised his hands and stood promptly to his feet. Javan recalled from the scouting report that this man had intensive and extreme background in engineering tactics. Not really needed in a covert operations unit, but good to have all the same. Sierra also recognized him as the one he?d recruited.

Eli smiled, ?And if someone finds out our information??

?You don?t want that.?

?What will happen??

The Captain narrowed his eyes and returned to his podium, ?Ensign, trust me, you don?t want that. Everything is real here in the ground. We treat our new recruits with the same devastatingly brutal tactics and commands that we do our real operatives.?

Sitting down, the demolition expert exchanged a worrisome glance to a girl sitting next to him. Javan knew, from the covert operations report, that she was one of the spies there to gain access to the information. The young lieutenant watched as she smiled and placed a soothing hand on his knee and he shuddered obviously at the touch. The game had begun.

?One more thing before you?re dismissed,? The Captain stated as the dozen ensigns stood to their feet, ?everything that you do is watched and critiqued closely.?

They slowly filtered out into the corridor beyond.

?Everything.?

*******************

Javan sat in the control room looking at five-dozen monitors. It was easier than most people would expect because of the confusing sections and quadrant that each monitor had been catalogued under. Each one had its designated arches and no part of the compound was no watched ? every square inch had been cordoned off and filmed.

It was his shift and he was sitting back watched the cameras that watched the individual quarters. Unlike the other classes that he?d viewed, this class liked to walk the hallways after curfew. Every time a squad was sent to intercept the rule breakers they were quickly beaten to the punch and found nothing. The class had potential, that much was obvious, but how they would hold up to the strenuous task of the spies was yet to be determined.

Then it happened. Javan?s eyes darted to the empty room of the man he?d recruited. No cameras were picking him up, but the answer was soon revealed. He?d moved to the room of the young girl who had devilishly initiated contact with him at the meeting hours before. She was already moving into the phase of complete seduction.

Javan reached over and hit the button that enabled the audio feed.

??where come from? Just tell me.?

?This sounds like an interrogation, Miss Jackson.? Eli said as he seated himself on the bed.

She moved over, sauntered over, with a sultry bounce in each step. ?Well, would you like me to play the interrogator who needs information so desperately? So desperately that I?d do anything to get it?? Her words lingered as she pressed a finger to his lips and breathed heavily near his ear, ?Anything??

He stiffened visible and Javan smirked. She was one of the best, he remembered hearing about the talented young woman, but she was moving quite fast for normal routines. He moved her hand off his mouth and kissed her. ?I?d love to play.?

Without notice she ripped the silk shirt from his body. Javan was almost jealous at his toned pectorals, defined abs, and bulging biceps. He quickly got over it and focused on the disrobing woman. She straddled him and pushed him down. ?What?s your name, fool??

He breathed hard, his chest heaving, ?Ryan Natham.?

Javan shook his head, knowing full well he was lying.

She knew it too and slapped him across the face. He cried out in pain and looked at her, feeling the warm blood trickle down his face from the new wound she?d bestowed on him. ?Tell me your name.? She raised her arm again.

?Eli Vanneer.?

The truth came out, but Javan knew it?d come out too soon. To the man with the hot woman straddling his waist it must have been paradise, but to a Section 31 agent who was watching the man be interrogated in a most pleasurable way it was almost disgusting. The man was folding like a napkin and there wasn?t anything Javan could do ? or wanted to do for that matter ? except watch the man slip into failure one slap at a time.

She went for the throat, in this case his pant. She began unbutton the button and sliding them down. ?What information was on your PADD at the meeting today??

There it was.

The color drained from his face. ?We?re not supposed to discuss that.?

?I won?t go any further until you tell me.?

Eli shifted, obviously uncomfortable, ?We?re not supposed to tell anyone the contents.?

?Who am I going to tell? I just want to have some fun, don?t you?? She slowly stripped him to his Starfleet-issue boxer shorts. ?Come on, Mr. Vanneer, what was on that PADD. As soon as I know that then we can continue onto the better stuff.? She licked her lips, which closed the deal.

?It had my Section 31 Operative Access Codes and my Service Number for my Starfleet Officer Alias Database.? He leaned up and grabbed her arms, kissing her. She pushed him away and he smiled thinking that he?d get lucky in less than an hour. ?What now??

?What were the codes and what was the service number??

He frowned, ?For Christ Sake! Access Code Vanneer Echo Epsilon Seventeen Delta. Service number J61APL-0944BV6-X. Now, can we get on with this?? He leaned up again, but this time she put a hand on his face and shoved him onto the bed and crawled off. She robed back up.

Javan leaned over and smacked the intercom to the squad quarters; ?We have a Code Sixty-Two Beta in recruit quarters seven.? He shook his head as he hit another button which closed the seventh recruit quarters off from compound communications. ?All new recruits report to conference room one immediately.?

He gazed at the chronometer and frowned.

Eli Vanneer had cracked after less then twenty minutes of seduction.

The room was full with new ensigns and Eli, still dressed in only his boxer shorts, was dragged before them. The small room, which once housed the recruits, had been opened up into a small theater. A chair, metallic and daunting, rose from the center of the room and Eli was strapped in and he was sweating with fear. Metal arms were attached to him and pads with transmitters were attached to his abdominal muscles, pectorals, back of the hands, and his neck.

Captain Thaddeus Adams stepped up in front of him and leaned over, meeting the man?s scared eyes. ?You wanted to know what happened if that information was leaked, Mr. Vanneer, you?re about to find out first hand.?