<USS Avalon> The Meeting by Lieutenant Caine McKinsely and Ensign Anthony Manson

  • From: Anthony Manson <circus_ofde_damned@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Avalon Sim <avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 21:16:12 -0800 (PST)

The Meeting

by Lieutenant Caine McKinsely and Ensign Anthony Manson

Ensign Anthony Manson made his way down to Lt. Caine's office. He wasn't too
sure what it was about, and since he didn't quite know, he let his curiosity go
as he made way. Stopping at the door of her office, he chimed.

Still feeling like she was on cloud nine, Caine smiled when her chime went off,
even though she knew that the person she wanted to see most of all would not be
walking through her doors. "Come in," she called, as she continued to read over
and compare Commander Skyler and Commander Sierra's stories of what had
happened on the bridge.

Anthony walked in to see her at her desk. Not knowing what to do, he simply
said, "you asked to see me ma'am?"

"Ohh, yes, you're Ensign Manson aren't you?" she asked, nodding him into a
chair across from her desk. "Would you care for something to eat or drink?"

Anthony shook his head, "no. Thank you." He took the offered seat and gave a
quick look around. It was calm with select paintings that seem to be on various
spots. One he noticed was the Grand Canyon, the other being a desert. The room
was comfortably furnished.

"Please take a seat Mr. Manson." Moving the PADDs on her desk off to one side,
she picked up an empty one and smiled nicely at the ensign, trying to get him
to relax a bit. "I'm sure you are wondering why I called you here."

Nodding and getting comfortable upon the seat, Anthony replied, "yes actually.
Is something wrong?"

With a sigh she smiled at him, "that is a million dollar question but overall
no. I called you into my office to discuss what occurred on the bridge between
the commanders. As I understand it, you were there and I would like to know
what happened, from your opinion."

He looked down a little, frowned a little more as he tried to get his memory
back in order. He looked up then, meeting her gaze. Anthony didn't know if he
was to give her a detailed summary, so he settled for a short one that best
explained the situation. "Yes. I was there. I can't give you a step by step
because most of my attention had been on my work. What I can tell you is that
it sounded_ I was barely overhearing_ like a casual enquiry from Commander
Sierra. I must have been back on my work because then their voices started to
raise just a little with every response they gave to each other."

Caine marked down Anthony's response and looked up at. "Did it seem that one
was being a bit more antagonistic then the other? or maybe that one was in the
wrong?"

"As far as I could tell; they were in equal footing with being antagonistic. As
for who is in the wrong; I can't really say ma'am. It's a matter of how you see
it. I thought there was nothing wrong with Skyler taking charge for the
captain, yet at the same time, I see no reason why Commander Sierra should not
be concerned for the well being of the ship and thus ask her of her decisions."

"So you really don't know much then?" she asked, slightly disappointed. Caine
had hoped that Anthony would have been able to shed a bit more light on the
situation but she could not fault him for not. "Do you have any more
information or even an opinion at all about the happenings on the bridge?"

Anthony looked at Caine, there was an opinion. "There is an opinion that only I
drew from the crew. If the two commanders are going to continue this, they
ought to do this where they aren't under the watchful eyes of others. Just
standing there, ma'am, just standing there, I could feel an...uncertainty among
the crew on the bridge that witnessed. They felt lost and utter confusion on
whose side to be on. It's not something I'd notice; but it was too strong."

"I understand because of this occurrence measures will be taken to ensure it
never happens again." Caine wasn't sure what other information she could
possibly get out of him so she just smiled up at him. "Thank you Ensign, is
there anything else you would like to say?"

He shook his head, "no that's it."

Caine nodded and set aside her PADD. "Okay, thank you Mr. Manson. If there is
anything you can think of, please contact me with it."

Anthony got up from his seat. The meeting was over, "I'll do that ma'am."

"Thank you, it was nice to meet you." She said and stood, to shake his hand.

"My pleasure, Miss Caine." Anthony gave a small smile, shook her hand, and made
his way out.