<USS Avalon> The Command Team

  • From: CptKetchum@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 10:58:17 EDT

The CThe
The Command Team
by Admiral Ketchum and Captain Skyler

Skyler was sitting in her quarters, drinking a glass of tea. She was
contemplating her current situation when she heard her comm go off. For a brief

moment she thought, no hoped it was either Tery or Moreya. Instead it was the
Admiral calling.

Standing and making her way over to the computer, several thoughts were
running through her mind. Non of which were good. She hadn't done anything
wrong
that she could think of. But these were different times. Listening to the
message only made her curiosity worsen.

"On my way Admiral"

Having said that she made sure she was presentable before she made her way
to the bridge. She supposed a good first impression was better than no
impression.

Keith looked up as she entered the bridge, "Glad to see you out and about
Captain."

Skyler looked at Keith and nodded. Taking her seat next to him she sat down
and looked at the forward view screen. "You called for me Admiral?"

"Of course, Captain, I just hadn't seen you around the bridge for a while,
and wanted to see you.  We have teams planet-side currently, and have  rescued
quite a number of survivors."

Cringing inside Skyler tried not to look like she had been forgoing her
duties. "I am sorry for my absence Admiral. I have been dealing with matters of
personal nature. I know that is no excuse and any punishment you wish to
apply  will be understood."

Taking a deep breath she broached the topic at hand. "Just what is going on
down on the planet? What survivors and what are they surviving from.?"

"The USS Resurgence, and one of the crew you might remember, Patrick
McEntire, he's currently in sickbay."  Standing, "I must handle a couple of
things.
You have the bridge", walking towards his ready room.  "I  have a call that I
will hate making."

Standing Skyler looked at Keith and could see he wasn't real happy with  her,
but then neither was she. "Understood Admiral." She watched as he left the
bridge and then turned to look at the crew around her. Phillipa was at the helm
 as usual, James was at tactical. The one person missing was the chief
science  officer.

"Status report", she barked, unintentionally to the bridge crew. She had to
catch up and do it fast.

**************Great Deals on Dell 15" Laptops - Starting at $479
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1219799606x1201361003/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doub
leclick.net%2Fclk%3B213153745%3B34689725%3Bo)