<USS Avalon> =/\= Love and Kisses =/\=

  • From: KaeraAshayu@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 21:27:17 EST

=/\= Love and Kisses =/\=
(with apologies to Cam's writer for not getting his feedback on short notice)

By the time Cam got the call from Commander Elagius, Kaera was back in her
room at the Lodge, packing her things to return to the Avalon.  They had spent
glorious three days together, and Cam had tried to convince her that they
needed to be together.

Kaera wasn't so sure.  Her naturally introspective and cautious nature
allowed her to enjoy this time with him, but stopped her short of agreeing to
be his
lover for any length of time.  He'd explained what he did here at the Lodge
for Starfleet, and why he was stationed here.

"I could transfer to Counseling Services aboard the Avalon," he'd offered.
"Or even to Security, on the physical training staff.  Whatever's available."

"Don't be silly," Kaera had protested.  "You're posted here.  They must need
you here."

He'd tried.  Gods, he'd tried to get her to accept him.  He didn't want to
upset her by putting in for the transfer without her consent -- that was
tantamount to stalking her.  But he'd begged, and even while they were both in
some
fairly compromising positions.  She'd stayed firm in her stance against him
transferring simply for the sake of being with her.

Now, he was tidying up his cabin, filling the hour or two until he'd meet her
for their goodbyes.  His heart ached, but he had to accept her decision.

The comm chimed, and he went to answer it, hoping against hope that Kaera had
changed her mind.

"Lieutenant Loyen."  It was Commander Elagius of Starfleet Counseling
Services.  And what she told him next left him literally shaking with anger.

=/\=

He burst into Kaera's room, his fury clearly apparent.  Kaera flinched at the
onslaught, even though it wasn't directed at her.  "What's wrong?" she asked
meekly.

He told her.  How he had been used by Elagius, how they both had been.  The
commander didn't care about their feelings; she only wanted to use Kaera's
empathic talents -- probably in Covert Ops somewhere.

"But I like Information Services," Kaera protested.

"I know," Cam said, letting his anger dissipate.  "And I won't let them do
this to you, Kaera.  I have already put in for transfer to the Avalon, in
whatever open position I'm qualified for.  And my application is accepted,
pending
assignment.  I don't care if I'm posted as third assistant flunky to the
laundry department," he said with a wry grin.  "Anything to get out from under
Elagius's command."

"And to be with me?" asked Kaera, holding out her hands to him.  She hadn't
wanted it to go this way.  She was afraid.  But Cam was teaching her to face
her fears and let go of them, and so she tried to do just that.

"And to be with you," he admitted.  He put his arms around her and kissed her
tenderly.  "Come back to my place when you're finished packing," he said.
"I'll need your help deciding what to take aboard with me."

=/\=