<USS Avalon> Looking For Answers

  • From: CmdrSkyler@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 00:50:41 EDT

"Looking For Answers"
Skyler and Moreya
2008:05.09

Skyler awoke to find she was covered in a warm blanket on Moreya's  couch.
She sat up suddenly, feeling like a total fool. She had come to talk and
instead had fallen asleep.  Actually she had had other things in mind, but
that was
beside the point. She just hoped she hadn't done anything to  inappropriate.
Quietly she stood, folded the blanket and crossed the room to the  replicator.
Ordering a glass of orange juice, she wondered to herself exactly  what had
happened, and why she was on the couch. More importantly, she wondered  what
Moreya had discovered about this external dimension the scientists at the
Institute had been experimenting with.

From her seat at the computer  terminal, Moreya said, "Welcome to the day, my
dear.  I hope you slept  well."

At the sound of Moreya's voice, Skyler turned around. "I didn't  see you
sitting there. You haven't been up all night working, have you? As for
sleeping
well, I suppose I slept as well as one can on a couch." While still at  the
replicator she ordered a glass of tea for Moreya. She handed it to her  friend
and then kissed her gently. "So, tell me what you have learned, or better  yet,
did I make a fool of myself last night?"

Moreya's eyes  widened.  "You don't remember what we talked about?"

Skyler looked  surprised. "What do you mean? Did we not talk about what you
have found in your  searches?  Did I miss something?"

"We did not get so far as to talk about my searches and the mission,"  Moreya
said.  "We talked about the situation between you, Tery and  myself.  I had
hoped we had settled it."

Skyler looked at Moreya  with confusion. She closed her eyes and took slow
deep breaths, trying to let  her thoughts flow without restriction and remember
the conversation. She  remembered glimpses of the previous night. Of leaving
her own quarters and  coming to Moreya's. She could feel someone's hands on her
face, staring at her  quite intently. I think I remember now.

"You told me that I didn't have  to choose between you or Tery. That no
matter the outcome between Tery and I,  nothing would change between us. We
could
and would still be as we have been in  the past. That wasn't going to change.
Correct?"

"Yes, exactly."   Moreya sighed in relief.  "I am surprised you didn't
remember -- it was so  important to you when you got here last night."  She
paused,
looking  carefully at Skyler.  "Are you sure you are well?"

"I don't feel  ill. I know I was upset and confused about our current
situation. I suppose I  could've blocked out the entire mess in my usual
attempt to
not deal with  things. I thought I was past all that." I can't believe I forgot
all that.  Especially considering how important Moreya is to me.  "Can we
move on and  discuss what have you discovered about this parallel dimension? I
am
sure I have  already taken up enough of your time regarding the other
situation. I do thank  you for your patience."

Moreya shrugged almost imperceptibly.  "It concerns me as much as it  does
you," she said.  "So that's not a problem. As for reporting on our  mission ...
may I request a brief delay?  I need to finish compiling my  data, not to
mention get myself cleaned up.  I could report to you -- and  any of the other
senior staff you think should be there -- in one  hour."

Standing Skyler looked at Moreya. She got the feeling that more  than the
relationship was troubling her. "Take all the time you need. I will be  in my
ready room when you feel you are ready. Moreya, I truly have meant you no
harm,
disrespect or trouble. I hope you realize that? I would never do anything
that would cause you harm of any kind."

"Of course I know that, dear one.  Please don't trouble yourself on  that
account."

Making her way to the door, Skyler stopped momentarily.  Turning she looked
at the Deltan. "Before I go might I ask one favor of  you?"

"Certainly.  Anything."

She hated to ask, but she  needed this.  "I was wondering if I might get a
hug before I leave. I miss  you holding me, in fact I miss when we are not
together. Even just talking.  Stupid isn't it?"

"Only if love is stupid, my dear," Moreya said, holding  her arms open.
"Come."  She wrapped her arms around Skyler and held  her tight.

Drinking in Moreya's smell and touch made Skyler feel  as if everything would
be all right in the end. Things weren't as complicated as  she was making
them out to be. She had Moreya. She had Tavi. What more did she  really need?
Right now, in that moment, the answer was nothing. She had all she  needed.

favorites at AOL Food.