<USS Avalon> "Hollow Questions"

  • From: "Brad Ruder" <GroundZero@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 23:19:19 -0700

?Hollow Questions?
by Lieutenant Commander Javan Sierra
& Senior Lieutenant Karg White Feather

The hissing invaded his ears. He turned on his heel and strode back into main sickbay past Kira Nerys and Commander Skyler. The intruder alert klaxons sounded and he pulled his phaser. Javan aimed it at the materializing person and waited. The person shimmered into existence and Javan holstered his weapon. ?Computer, cancel intruder alert. Senior Lieutenant Karg White Feather, what the hell is this??

?It looks like Sickbay.?

?Where did you go??

?To the Allegiance.?

?And where did you go after you came back from the Allegiance??

?Did I go somewhere? Hmmm?I don't seem to recall anything else.?

Javan was tired of verbally fighting the man. ?You went to the Allegiance, beamed back, then got beamed off without your combadge. Where did you go the second time, Lieutenant?? He was getting fidgety and he was tempted to draw his phaser yet again, but he refrained from doing so.

?Sorry Commander, it is fun jousting with you. My mission to the Allegiance was a Covert OP. I know you've heard of them. I cannot tell you anything until I've spoken to the captain.?

?Good thing I'm not talking about your covert operation, Lieutenant. I'm asking you where you were transported to after you came back from your little stealth jaunt.?

?I am aware of that sir, sorry, for now it?s classified.?

Javan shook his head and stepped in front of Karg, ?In case you hadn't noticed, Senior Lieutenant, I outrank you. Therefore everything that you know, I can know. Start talking.?

Karg walked to his gear and retrieved his communication badge. ?I'd be a hell of a Covert OPs officer if I let you bully me out of classified material. The answer would be the same if Commander Skyler were asking. Sorry sir, that information is classified. If you want to know, you'll have to speak to the captain after he debriefs me.?

Unfortunately, Karg was correct. There was nothing that Javan could do or say when it involved newly recovered classified information from somewhere beyond. "You can be sure that I will, Lieutenant." Javan stepped up next to Karg and leaned over near his ear, "So, what's it like being thrown thirty feet?" Javan turned on his heel and marched out of sickbay.

Karg thought, That was a slip Javan. You shouldn't have revealed that you were there.