<USS Avalon> Friends and Lovers

  • From: KovutTajArms@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 00:25:08 EST

Warning: The following log contains adult themes and situations.  If you are
offended by such things, please do not read any further.

=/\= Friends and Lovers =/\=
A joint log between Ensign El-Kainah Ngaio and Ensign Dagny Taggert

       El-Kainah sat alone in the mess hall surrounded by other officers.
His mood matched the blue collar that was under his Fleet issue gray uniform.
He wondered to himself why he was having so much trouble meeting and making
friends here.
       The replicator made a decent approximation of a stew he liked.  It was
similar to one his mother Xethia made before the Breen came and conquered
their world.  It was good, this version of the stew.  It filled him up quickly.

The only problem was it made him think of home.  He was about to get up when
he saw her.
       She came over carrying a tray of steamed vegetables, and a cup of tea.
 She had a blue collar as well.  She looked to be a crewman but he couldn't
make out the rank designation on her collar.  She was about the same height as
El was.  And she had hair that was the same length as his.  Hers was blonde
rather than black.  She was young too.  She couldn't have been more than 19 or
20 years old.  As she got closer he saw she was an Ensign, clearly fresh out of
the Academy.  Just like he was.  Was she a nurse?  He didn't recognize her he
didn't think.
       The rest of the mess hall was jammed.  Ensign Dagny Taggert carried
her tray to the only empty seat in the place.  The table was nearly full but
she
noticed the new Doctor.  She had seen him a few times in Sickbay.  She had
noticed he was cute there too, but hadn't said anything to him.  Oh, Dagny had
nodded a hello to him as she passed him in Sickbay or had chatted about a
particular patient they were working on together; but they didn't know one
another
at all, yet.
       El barely noticed when she sat down.  He had heard the conversation at
the table stop when she approached and had even sensed the surprise when she
had sat in the only seat available at the table, which had been next to his.
So he jumped when he felt her arm brush against his when she reached for the
salt to add to her vegetables.  He jumped so severely he nearly knocked his
coffee into his own lap.  He started to chuckle a bit as he steadied the cup in
his hand.
       "Oh geez!  I'm so sorry."  She giggled a bit.  "I didn't mean to
startle you."
       He was laughing out now.  "It's all right.  I was just concentrating
on something.  I didn't hear you sit down."
       She looked at him and he at her.  Her smile was warm and welcoming.
It hadn't been something he had seen much of on this ship.  He liked it.
"You're a Doctor aren't you?"  She asked.
       El nodded quietly, his shyness again rearing its ugly head.  He was
feeling just a tad uncomfortable with so many people around.  "Yeah. I was just
posted here, right before we left Earth Station McKinley."
       "Me too."  She gushed a bit.  She was taking in his squared features.
Definitely cute, she thought, causing El to blush a bit.  "Actually, I think
I remember you being in my Organic Chemistry lab, second year.  I'm Dagny
Taggert"
       El searched his memory.  "Oh yeah.  I remember you now.  You were
dating um."  He paused trying to remember the name.  "The Alpha Squadron leader
... the Bolian....Itarus?"
       "That's right.  I was."  She paused for a moment.  "What a jerk he
was."  She tried to laugh it off but El could tell the memory bothered her.
       "I apologize.  I didn't mean to upset you.  I am El-Kainah Ngaio."
       She smiled.  "Nice to meet you."  She extended a hand and shook his.
       They sat together and talked about a few mutual friends they had from
the Academy.  They talked for hours and the mess hall started to empty out a
bit.  "More tea, Dagny?"  El'Kainah asked.
       "Please."  She answered and watched him walk to the replicator.  He
was lean but toned in his frame.  She noticed that while his legs were not
long,
they were nicely muscled and powerful beneath the nearly form fitting uniform
trousers.  She liked the view very much.
       He turned at the replicator as he ordered the two cups of tea.  He
watched her, sitting there waiting for her tea.  Or was it for him to return?
He
admired her beauty.  He had from the first time he had seen her, at that off
campus party two years ago.  He liked the way her blonde hair shimmered.  Her
green eyes sparkled.  Her round face, that made her look a bit younger than
she actually was.  She was beautiful and fit.  Her lithe body was taught under
her tight uniform.
       She met his eyes and he realized that he had not yet ordered the tea.
He blushed as they made eye contact from across the room.  He saw her do the
same and giggle as she broke eye contact with him.  El quickly ordered the tea
and returned to their table.
       "I'm sorry Dagny."  He said as he approached the table with the tea.
"I didn't mean to stare."
       She smiled at him.  "It's quite all right El.  Were you enjoying the
view?" She joked and took her tea.  She giggled a bit more when his blush
returned.  "I didn't mean it as an accusation."  She leaned into him a bit and
whispered.  "I was doing the same thing."  She took a sip of her tea and
straitened up.  "You have a nice ass, by the way."
       El nearly choked on his tea, spitting some of it onto the table in
front of him.  The rest of is spilled out of his mouth down his front soiling
his
uniform.  He stood up, brushing down the front, trying to get the tea off of
him.  She was giggling again.
       El-Kainah started to laugh as well after a bit.  He blushed rather
darkly too.  "Thanks.  I guess."  He knew that she meant it as a compliment but
it bothered him that it would be that feature she would choose to compliment
him on.  But he didn't say anything, yet.
       She was laughing again.  "I didn't mean to embarrass you."  She
blushed too.  "I don't usually say things like that to people that I don't know
that
well."  She sipped her tea.  "Its true though."  She smiled at him.  He was
on duty in Sickbay overnight.  He was the junior Medical officer after all.
       "You working tonight?"  He asked.
       "Yeah.  Lieutenant Lewis has me working Gamma shift for now."
       "Me too."  He smiled at her.  "I'll wake you, if you like."
       "I'd like that a lot actually."  She smiled at him.
       "Great.  I'll just get these put in the recycler."  He picked up their
trays.  "And we can go."  He was smiling too.  He thought through his
previous weeks on Avalon and couldn't remember smiling as much as he had since
Dagny
had sat down.  He could feel her watching him as he carried their trays to the
recycler.  He smiled to himself as the trays disappeared.  Once that was
done, they walked down to Sickbay together.
=/\=

       They had been on duty a few hours when a patient was brought in.  A
crewman had been relaxing with a few friends in the holodeck.  Actually there
had been quite a group of them, playing Parrises Squares.  And Crewman Walters
had been knocked off.  Crewman Phillips and Crewman Tavik carried him in a bit
bruised and bloodied.
       It didn't take long but they got him fixed up and cleaned up.  El
recommended that Crewman Walters take it easy for a couple of days.  "And I
will
schedule you for an initial evaluation with Lieutenant Loyen.  That rotator cup
is going to need some P. T." He also warned him that he should be more
careful playing Parrises Squares.
       After Crewman Walters had left it was around 0300 hours.  El suggested
that Dagny get some rest in the lounge.  He would call her if he need her.
She agreed and went in to lie down.  It didn't take long before she was asleep.
 She had been feeling frisky earlier and working closely with El wasn't
helping her feeling, so her sleep was filled with some rather interesting
dreams.
       They were all variations on the same theme.  That theme that kept
recurring was her lying in his bed after they had made love together and he was
standing naked across the room.  She was admiring the view but kept coming back
to his butt.  "You really do have a nice ass, El."  She would say.  He would
turn around then and the dream would reset.
       After this happened a few times and she came out of her sleep a
little, she grumbled and got up.  She looked at the chrono on the far wall of
the
lounge and it read 0430.  It had only been an hour and a half?  She thought to
herself.
       She got up and went back into the main bay.  El was asleep on an empty
Biobed.  She let him sleep a while and went and checked on the few patients
that were being held over night for observation.  But, setting down a PADD with
a click on the cart, woke El up.  "Sorry El, I didn't mean to wake you."
       "No no...it is all right.  I needed to get up anyway."  He yawned.
"Lets check these guys out here."  He slipped off the bed.
       She didn't want to look at him, she knew that her face must still be a
little flushed from her dreams.  And she was positive that her pupils were
dilated showing her arousal.  He smiled at her thoughts but hid it from her.
       "Do you want to get some breakfast when Alpha shift gets here?"  He
asked as they went about checking all of the monitors attached to the occupied
beds.  In between he would issue various orders that would need to be followed
up on.
       "Sure.  That sounds fine."  She had a thought.  "My roommate will be
on duty by the time we're done.  We could go back to my quarters."  He agreed.
And when they were relieved by Alpha shift, they went back to her quarters to
have breakfast together.
=/\=

       El was standing naked in front of her dresser.  His uniform had been
left haphazardly on the floor, along with hers.  Neither of them had
particularly cared at the time, but now that the passion had been released, he
had
gotten up and tried to straiten up his uniform.
       She had been asleep, worn out from the love making they had enjoyed
after they got back to her quarters.  The quarters were set up like a suite.  A
common area with a door on opposite sides of it that went to the two rooms.
Each room had a doorway but no real door.  So she had tossed a towel out onto
the couch.  It was still there but her roommate wasn't scheduled to get off
duty for a few hours yet.
       She propped herself up on her elbows in the bed and looked over to
where El was standing and for a minute she giggled as she took in the site of
his
naked rear end.  He turned at her giggle and asked, "What?"
       "Nothing.  You just really do have a nice ass, El."  She smiled at
him.  But he didn't return the smile.  Instead he frowned.  It confused her a
bit.
       "What's wrong El?"  She asked after a moment.
       He just smiled.  "Nothing.  Its fine."  She could tell he was lying to
her.
       "El...what is it?  I didn't mean to upset you."
       He came back to the bed, and told the story.  Everything.  She
listened as he explained it to her.  But when he was finished, she laughed and
tried
to make a joke.  "See, I was right."  It was not the response he had been
hoping for.
       "Dagny, " He protested, and got up pulling a blanket with him to cover
himself.  "It bothers me.  It makes me feel like I am back at the camp."  He
had told her everything.  Even that part about how some of the boys from the
young men's dorm, would taunt and tease him after it became public knowledge
what happened.  They would use the exact same phrase to do it too.  Some times
in his dreams, he would still hear them.  Their deeper voices, "Nice as
El-Kainah," followed by their laughter.
       "Your being foolish El."  She said.  It nearly sounded like a command.
 "Come back to bed."  Her voice had changed.  It sounded almost pleading.  "I
want to make love again, not argue."
       Apparently the discussion is over for now, he thought.  He turned to
see her lounging on the bed unashamed.  She was a sight to behold.  He ample
breasts beckoned to him, called to him just as she was.  He gave in with a
smile
and went to her.
       After they had made love again, their bodies shinning with sweat and
passion, they spoke.  He felt her move, so she was straddling his chest, above
him.  "I'm sorry El.  I didn't mean to upset you."  He reached up and slid his
hand down her side so it rested on her thigh.
       "I know you didn't Dagny."  He responded.  But there was something
else there.  He could sense it with her.  She found the entire thing silly.
His
being upset was strange to her and he could tell.  Maybe after a few days, she
would understand more.