<USS Avalon> Elaborate Lives

  • From: CptKetchum@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 21:39:41 EST

Elaborate  Lives
by  Phillipa Waterson
Sitting in her quarters, she awoke  only after a couple hours of sleep.  Must
have been the chocolate she thought.  Walking slowly into the sitting area,
stopping at the replicator for a nice hot cocoa.  She made her way over to the
couch and  grabbed a blanket and snuggled into it the best she could, holding
the cup and  taking a sip.
"Computer, something at random  please, late twentieth century, preferably
Terran."
"Accessing", came the reply, and a  few seconds later it started as she
We all  lead such elaborate lives wild ambitions in our sights.  How an
affair of the heart  survives days apart and hurried nights.
Seems quite unbelievable  to me I don't want to live like that.  Seems quite
unbelievable to me I don't want to love like  that.
I just want our time to be slower and gentler, wiser,  free.

Phillipa sat there, not sure why the  computer picked this song.  But she
couldn't bring herself to order it changed.  She just sipped her cocoa and
looked out  the windows at the stars going by.

We all  live in extravagant times playing games we can't all win.  Unintended
emotional crimes take  some out, take others in.

I'm so  tired of all were going through I don't want to live like that.  I'm
so tired of all were going  through I don't want to love like that.
I just want to be with  you Now and forever, peaceful, true.  This may not be
the moment to tell you face to face.
But I  could wait forever for the perfect time and  place.
This defiantly wasn't really the song  right now that she needed to hear.
Was this a sign that she was in love with John.  Was there really something
there for  them.  Was she really falling for  him.  He was so cute, and shy,
and
cute.  And he did bring her flowers,  she turned and looked at the purple
irises, and smiled again.
We all  lead such elaborate lives we don't know whose words are true.
Strangers, lovers, husbands,  wives, hard to know who's loving who.

Too many choices tear us  apart I don't want to live like that.  Too many
choices tear us apart I don't want to love like that.
I  just want to touch your heart may this confession be the  start.
The song finished and she sat there,  mentally deciding that she should tell
him, but she didn't want to scare him  away.  If this was something he  really
wanted, she was going to make him 'work' for it.  She chuckled to herself.
How evil that would be, to make the man  work for her love, even though she
probably would freely give it to him,  anyway.
This could be a problem, what if he  didn't feel that way.  Then why did  he
bring her chocolates and flowers?  Ah, we shall see then, we shall see.
Before the next song had a chance to  play, she ordered the computer to not
play any more songs.  She just sat on the couch and snuggled  into the blanket,
finishing her cocoa, and finally dozing off.