<USS Avalon> Christmas Call

  • From: FelicityRoanMO@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 19:25:59 EST

Christmas Call
-- a log by
Felicity Roan

       Felicity was still in shock about the prompt turn around with respect
to the role of XO and 2nd Officer aboard the Avalon.  She walked back to her
quarters to prepare some reports for Medical and then to assist Lt. Karg in his
capacity as First Officer.

       The console was beckoning to her as she walked in.  She rushed to see
who or what was so important.  She pressed the receiver and was pleased to see
her twin, Dylan, on the other end.  "Ahhhh, Freddie m'dear, a very happy
holiday to you this fine day."  He grinned from behind a white beard and red
suit.

       "Dylan Roan... what on Earth are you doing?  What is that horrible
outfit you're wearing?"  Felicity was trying to hold back laughter.  "I'm
seriously worried about your sanity."

       "Freddie, my better looking half, this is a Santa suit.  As in Santa
Claus, as in the universal giver of gifts on December 25, as in the guy who
knows if you have been naughty or nice as in...."  He paused to jiggle his
oversized belly, "Well you get the point.  Have you been naughty or nice little
sis?"

       She grimaced.  "Dylan, I think I've been good.  There are things going
on the ship again... causing me to be temporarily placed as the 2nd Officer
of the Avalon.  I don't expect it to last more than a week.  So I'm just here
to prepare some reports then I have to be back on the bridge."

       "Ahhh, a good girl indeed.  Mum and Dad called yesterday and wanted to
know if you got their gifts.  I figured you did, since you sent theirs three
weeks early, as usual.  You are so boring sometimes.  Where is your sense of
adventure?  Shopping on Christmas Eve is quite exciting.  By the way, your gift
is going to be a few days late... umm, make that a few weeks actually."  He
grinned the grin that only he could and get himself out of trouble.

       "In any case, Freddie, Merry Christmas, and good luck with the new and
temporary assignment.  I sure hope whatever is going on with the original
First and Second Officers gets straightened out.  I know you want to Command
people about as much as I want to take Quantum Physics exams all day tomorrow.
told you not to stay in that lab all the time. "  He paused to laugh and then
waved....

       "Ho, Ho, Ho... Merry Christmas to Felicity Roan and to all a good
night!!"  And the screen faded to black.

       Felicity sat and stared at the blank screen for several moments before
working on her reports and entering the necessary information. She made her
Christmas wish and moved on to the bridge.  She hoped she was up for the task
at hand.