<USS Avalon> "A Headache...And A New Doctor" Skyler, Brookman, and Cazook

  • From: CmdrSkyler@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 11:44:25 EDT

A Headache... And A New Doctor

by Commander Skyler, Doctor Brookman, and Doctor Cazook

Alexis took the final readings of Skyler into her cubicle of an office and
went over them one more time. Thinking out loud she thought, "these just don't
look right, I better get Dr. Brookman down here before she up and takes off
again.

"Dr. Brookman this is Alexis Cazook. I have an interesting case that I think
you would be interested in taking a look at, and you might not want to waste a
minute getting here. It is Commander Skyler and you know how skittish she can
be."

Brookman looked at Skyler, "ah yes, Ms. Skyler what seems to be the problem
today? I heard you're having some headaches," he chuckled, "well well, not too
worry, I'm sure we can get this resolved. Please give me a moment." Brookman
took a tricorder out of his pocket, examining the Commander. "Hmm, you seem to
have..." Brookman went silent with a frown, "you are a psi, Ms. Skyler?"

"I am part Betazoid if that is what you mean, then yes I am psi. That
shouldn't be a problem should it?"

Dr. Cazook looked at Dr. Brookman with a strange look. She wondered what was
going through that brilliant yet obscure mind of his. Being part Betazoid
shouldn't have caused a problem with the mind wipe should it, but then again
she
merely an assistant.

Brookman frowned, "My dear, I'm sorry for the slight mistake, I shall have
this remedied right now." Brookman took a hypospray, "I'm aware you have a
medical background, Ms. Skyler, so simply put this will put your headache at
ease
almost immediately. Do try to have an early rest, the drug does have some sleep
inhibitors to allow the brain- in it's eternal knowledge," Brookman smiled
pleasantly, "to get the rest of the job done- that is, you will never
experience
the pain any longer." Brookman watched as the commander hesitantly nodded, he
smiled as he applied the medicine.

"Just what exactly do you plan to do to me this time," Skyler inquired. Once
was enough. She didn't relish the thought of more machines playing around in
her head especially now that there were two strange Dr.'s doing the messing
around. This Cazook was almost as strange as Brookman. "How long is this going
take? I have to catch the Avalon when she arrives."

Dr. Cazook looked at Skyler. "Don't worry Commander you won't miss your ride
especially since I will be joining you."

Brookman ignored her hastiness, "rest assured, this is the last procedure-
the only thing- since your concerns of this headache. And like Ms. Cazook said,
she will be joining you. So, we won't do anything barbaric. You're a free to
go. Now if you like." Brookman smiled.

Skyler looked at both Dr. Brookman and Dr. Cazook and slowly got up to leave
half expecting one of them to grab her and make her stay. "Well, Dr. Cazook I
will look forward to seeing you on the Avalon then. As for you Dr. Brookman
its been...different ...we shall leave it at that."

Brookman chuckled, "My dear, you resonate with uptightness. Have no worry,
I'm an old man with no dark secrets or plots. But as you say it's been
different. I hope we meet again under better circumstances. Now if you both
will excuse
me." Brookman nodded, but then stopped, "Oh, Ms. Cazook, just to double check
you do have your orders, do you not?"

Skyler simply nodded once more, "Doctors." And quickly left the infirmary.
The headache was wearing off- tension lessening a little, and she felt a little
better. Out of the room with two weird doctors- and one of them on the Avalon.

Dr. Cazook scrounged around in her pockets for a few seconds and pulled out a
wad of paper. "Yes, Dr. Brookman they are right here. I am to report to the
Avalon when it arrives to pick up Commander Skyler. I am not to interfere in
the day to day medical activities but rather keep an eye on those who have
undergone the mind wipe procedure and keep in regular contact with you." She
reread
them again, "Yep that's them all right."

Brookman smiled, "good, good. Have a pleasant stay at the Avalon, Alexis,
it's a fine ship." Brookman nodded one more time and left.