[Apky_E-Zine] The Apky E-Zine Volume 41 November 2012

  • From: "Cook Communication" <cookcomm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <authorafrica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 20:40:22 -0600

Our Environment is Royal and Divine. Treat it With Due Respect

The Apky E-Zine Volume 41 November 2012 http://www.akinyi-princess.de
<http://www.akinyi-princess.de/>
If you like this E-Zine please recommend it to a friend
Bound to Tradition
(ISBN 978-0-557-40453-7, 684 pages)

http://www.akinyiprincess.de/modules/wsShop/article.php?article_id=283510&lo
cation_id=326
http://www.lulu.com/product/file-download/bound-to-tradition/13039285 (here
you can
download the book for â2.20)
The book is available at Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de and at Barnes &
Noble and now as an eBook. Links below:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-
<http://www.amazon.com/s/ref%3Dnb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywo
rds=akinyi%2Bbound%2Bto%2Btradition&x=6&y=22>
<http://www.amazon.com/s/ref%3Dnb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywo
rds=akinyi%2Bbound%2Bto%2Btradition&x=6&y=22>
keywords=akinyi+bound+to+tradition&x=6&y=22
<http://www.amazon.com/s/ref%3Dnb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywo
rds=akinyi%2Bbound%2Bto%2Btradition&x=6&y=22>

http://author-me.com/nonfiction/pink.html
What do you do when youâre 16 and the man you love is determined to be your
father, not your lover? You hang on to The Dream.
Below is the link to The Dream:
http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/the-dream---vol-i-bound-to-tradit
ion/13327405
<https://3c.web.de/mail/client/dereferrer?redirectUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lulu.
com%2Fcontent%2Fpaperback-book%2Fthe-dream---vol-i-bound-to-tradition%2F1332
7405&selection=tfol11a2c57255e73e00>

 Autographed Book(s) Order/s link below:
http://www.akinyi-princess.de/modules/wsShop/article.php?article_id=283510&l
ocation_id=326

You know what matters most to me? YOU. Iâd not exist without you. So when I
say I need your feedback, suggestions, ideas and criticisms, I really mean
it. How can I improve your experience as a reader? Let me know. You can
write me an email, drop a line on my Facebook page, tweet about me or
comment on my articles. Cheers!
In this issue:
1. Mindset of the Issue
2. African Proverbs
3. From the Executive Editor
4. Did you know thatâ AuthorMeProfessionals Seeking Authors To Interview
5. Creative News & Stories
6. Features 10 Gifts of Rejection Letters

1. Mindset of the Issue
âThe road to hell is paved with works-in-progress.â
âPhilip Roth
âThe road to hell is paved with adverbs.â
âStephen King
2. African Proverb:
âWhen the river enters the lake, it loses its name.â
~ Luoland, Kenya
3. From the Executive Editor
Greetings Friends & Creators,
Welcome to you all, our new subscribers
November. Iâve just celebrated my fifth âzeroâ birthday. Nice and round, and
I canât wait for the next â9â to come around. J J J
Like I said last month, I just need a bit of time to hit that bestseller
list. Starting with my latest baby: The Dream. How hard is that when I can
be my own agent and publisher? Oh, ahmâ I need an editor or twelve.
Seriously. And beta readers and critiquers. Please get in touch with me.
The site is still going strong with authors sending in the author interviews
and guest bloggers posting on the new AuthorMeProfessionals Blog site:
http://authormepro.com/conversation
<http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fauthormepro%2Ecom%2Fconve
rsation&urlhash=eSvy&_t=tracking_anet>
As usual, the Fan Pages http://facebook.com/Professionaless62bloggerP and
www.facebook.com/KOrindaYimbo are trotting along nicely.
Thanks to you, my fans, friends and friends of friends.
Also do kindly visit, follow, like me or comment on these pages:
www.facebook.com/akinyi.yimbo  <http://www.facebook.com/KOrindaYimbo>
www.facebook.com/KOrindaYimbo
<http://facebook.com/Professionaless62bloggerP>
http://facebook.com/Professionaless62bloggerP https://twitter.com/
@Apky11162  <http://AuthorMePro.com/> http://AuthorMePro.com
<http://AuthorMePro.com/>
http://AuthorMePro.eu <http://AuthorMePro.eu/>
<http://twitter.com/%23%21/AkinyiMe> http://twitter.com/#!/AkinyiMe
<http://twitter.com/%23%21/AkinyiMe>
Enjoy the article on 10 Gifts of Rejection Letters
Happy Reading, Creating and Writing!
Akinyi Princess of KâOrinda-Yimbo
Executive Editor

4. Did you know thatâ. (the offer below is still ongoingâ)
AuthorMeProfessionals are looking for Authors of fiction and nonfiction, as
well as poetry. We have a hit of over 1,500 clicks per day. Our system
avoids applying generic stock questions. Instead we do book-oriented,
individualized interviews. These include actually discussing the content of
your book; questions are based on the characters/events in your book or any
controversial, inspirational or DIY issues you write about that will
interest your readers/fan groups as well as ours. Your interview would also
remain on our landing page for three (3) consecutive days. Please email to
us a copy of your book as a PDF or word.doc attachment to
submissions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx We will then read your book and personalize the
questions to fit your book. There would be a fee of â25 (twenty-five euros)
to cover the administrative costs of personalizing the questions to your
book. For payment, please use our PayPal Account: akinyi100@xxxxxxxx Your
book interview would be posted within 6-10 days following receipt of book
copy, completed answers to our questions
based on the book and full payment to our PayPal account. The interview
would also appear in all our seven (7) web and social media sites.
We do not accept every book offered so please apply with a short synopsis
(half to one double-spaced page) and the best 5 pages of your work pasted in
the body of your email.
5. Creative News & Stories
* Penguin and Random House merger will create the biggest book publisher
<https://3c.web.de/mail/client/dereferrer?redirectUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.guard
ian.co.uk%2Fbooks%2F2012%2Foct%2F29%2Fpenguin-random-house-book-publisher&se
lection=tfol11a2c57255e73e00>  ever seen.
* The Guardian is reporting massive growth in self-publishing
<https://3c.web.de/mail/client/dereferrer?redirectUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.guard
ian.co.uk%2Fbooks%2F2012%2Foct%2F25%2Fself-publishing-publishing&selection=t
fol11a2c57255e73e00>  with the sector growing
287% in the last five years and more than 200,000 titles published last year
in the
US.
6. Features
10 Hidden Gifts of Rejection Letters
10 Hidden Gifts of Rejection Letters

Guest column by journalist and essayist Debra Darvick, author of This Jewish
Life: Stories of Discovery, Connection and Joy. Her second book, I Love
Jewish Faces
<http://www.amazon.com/Love-Jewish-Faces-Debra-Darvick/dp/0807411086/ref%3Dl
a_B001K8FOB6_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351266090&sr=1-1>  (a childrenâs picture book
celebrating Jewish diversity) was published by the URJ Press in May â09.
Visit her blog at debradarvick.wordpress.com
<http://debradarvick.wordpress.com/> . <http://debradarvick.wordpress.com/>
1. Rejection letters take you out of submission limbo. Familiar with that
hell whose name is Waiting? Is the agent reading your submission? Chortling
with her cronies over it? Using it as a doorstop or drink coaster? With that
rejection letter in hand, you now know where you stand. No more wondering.
No more worry. Of course no more hope either. Time to move on. Next.
2. All it takes is one rejection letter to make you an instant life member
of a club whose luminaries include Walt Whitman, J.K. Rowling and Dr. Seuss.
What published writer has never received a rejection letter? These are our
badges of determination. Of striving. And on bad
5
days, of lunacy. Take heart. No oneâs, and I mean no oneâs, first query
snags an agent and a book
contract. Unless of course you are Madonna, Jamie Lee Curtis or Fergie.
3. Rejection letters strengthen you, build courage, determination and belief
in your work.
Where would you be if you didnât rail at your most recent rejection letter:
âAgent Babe, you are WRONG! I will NOT make my overweight heroine svelte, my
gay character straight or turn my borzoi into a chihuahua!â? Rejection
letters give you practice taking a hit and moving on. Are you going to let
one agentâs (or one dozenâs) opinion make you give up your intention to
publish your book? Hell, no.
4. Rejection letters can be stockpiled for future use: wallpaper; bonfire
kindling; shredded for an environmentally sound substitute for Styrofoam
peanuts.
Personally, Iâm going to turn them into a necklace. My other creative outlet
is beaded jewelry. Iâve
just found a way to roll paper strips into beads. I plan to make a necklace
from paper strips cut from my rejection letters and wear it to my book
signings, the National Book Awards Ceremony and Dinner, and the Academy
Awards. OK, OK, Iâll start with the signings and take it from there.
5. The good ones (offering constructive criticism) help you develop as a
writer.
And you will get some good ones in amongst the ones who used your manuscript
as coffee coasters
and doorstops. Thoughtful rejection letters, in addition to being a balm to
your weary writerâs soul, afford the opportunity to revisit your work, to
consider it through anotherâs lens. Such letters may lead you in a new
direction. Or you might just add them to your stack of kindling. Good
rejection letters are a clue that you are on the right track and getting
closer. Take heart.

Want to build your visibility and sell more books? Create Your Writer
Platform
<http://www.writersdigestshop.com/create-your-writer-platform?lid=cswdblog>
shows you how to promote yourself and your books through social media,
public speaking, article writing, branding, and more. Order the book from WD
at a discount
<http://www.writersdigestshop.com/create-your-writer-platform?lid=cswdblog>
.
<http://www.writersdigestshop.com/create-your-writer-platform?lid=cswdblog>
6. Get a few rejection letters beneath your belt and you can blog
authoritatively on sites such
as absolutewrite.comâs Water Cooler.
There are more web-based communities devoted to the world of submissions
than you can shake a keyboard at. At the abovementioned Water Cooler,
bloggers share their agent experiences. Which ones donât follow through?
Which ones are reputable? Which ones should be drawn and quartered for
asking for a full and then never getting back to you? Rejection letter in
hand, you can add your voice to the fray.
7. All it takes is one good one to renew your faith in agents.
Number Seven is a corrolary to Number Five. There are good agents out there
â human beings who love books as much as you do. Why else would they be in
the business of trying to link their
authors with publishers? Or take home reams of manuscripts to read over the
weekend when they could be training for the New York City Marathon instead?
A good rejection letter, whose tone is sincere and offers advice, can revive
your flagging spirit.
8. Rejection letters keep the USPS in business.
The Internet has taken a huge toll on the USPS. Mail carriers may go the way
of the Maytag man. And then what will happen to the stamp designers? To the
workers who assemble all those annoying circulars that come thru the slot as
fourth class mail? To the Neiman-Marcus Christmas catalog? Rejection letters
might mean you canât quit your day job but they do help others keep theirs.
9. Rejection letters let you know who your true allies are.
Are your loved ones sympathetic when a dreaded rejection letter falls
through the slot? Do they bring flowers or send sweet e-mails of
encouragement? Or do they chide you and say, âNOW will you get serious and
put this silliness away?â Rejection letters let you know who you want on
your team in this endeavor.
10. The number of rejection letters you receive is proportional to the
euphoria that will envelop you when you do get The Call.
Think about it. If an agent signs you up three queries into your search,
youâll be ecstatic. And perhaps kind of blase. But get that call after
slugging it out for a year or so and man will success be sweet. So sweet you
can taste it even now, canât you?