atw: stripping spaces etc from a variable in VBA

  • From: "melanie.kendell" <melanie.kendell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 13:41:26 +1000

Hi VBA gurus

I remember doing this before (I also remember I had trouble figuring it out
last time) but I'm having a mental blank.

What I want to do is this:

Take the text from a selection and place it in a variable.

Strip the spaces, question marks, etc, from the variable and pass the result to
another variable.

I do not want the selected text in the document to change.

Any ideas?

-Melanie