atw: a real Text Editor program (was Notepad)

  • From: "White, Bruce" <white@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 11:17:44 +1100

Erica,
Get well soon. When you do you might find that Notepad is
a different program in Windows XP than it was in
Win95/98. The fact that Win95/98 Notepad won't open a
file larger than 50K may be thrust upon it by the
operating system or WordPad.

I second the idea that you look at a real Text Editor
program. I use UltraEdit, it also does the search and
replace across multiple file that FAR can do.

Stuart's recommendation of Textpad did not include a URL
but I have heard it recommended quite often. In the
address line of your browser try typing "Textpad" and
pressing Ctrl+Enter.

UltraEdit
http://www.ultraedit.com

FAR