atw: Who Uses What and Legacy Document Conversion (Word > Frame)

  • From: Stuart Burnfield <sburnf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:07:19 +0800

The UNIX version of FrameMaker has recordable keystroke macros.
This was not included in the Mac and Windows versions on the
basis that these OSes already came with programmable macros
and scripting languages (such as AppleScript).

FrameScript ( www.framescript.com ) is a very capable scripting
language for FrameMaker. There's an active FrameScript Users
Yahoo group ( groups.yahoo.com/group/framescript-users ) and
some consultants who provide training and packages of scripts
and who develop scripts on spec.

---
Stuart Burnfield
Information Developer