atw: Wanted: a bit of help on our profession

  • From: "Baker, Greg (DPS)" <Greg.Baker@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:47:33 +1100

Folks:
I am in the process of finishing a run down on the technical
communication industry and profession for a European audience and
wondered if people could help me with a few things as a bit of a reality
check.

I wonder about:

What qualifications do you have?

What are the software tools that you use?

What do you think the image is of technical communicators and what we
do?

What is the size of your company: eg number of employees
(permanent/freelance)?

Are you involved in translation and/or localisation?

How do you see the future development of our profession?

Replying off-list works for me. I appreciate any input you have and will
acknowledge all responses.

Greg Baker
ACT Convenor for ASTC(NSW)