atw: Visibility of documentation efforts

  • From: Swapnil Ogale <swapnilogale@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 11:03:44 +1100

Hello all,

I am currently working on a range of content and one thing that has been
lacking is providing the right visibility to my employer about what I have
been working on. We have issue trackers that measure estimates, work log
activities etc.
I provide a weekly status report of the "jobs" that I am working on, but
looking at them retrospectively, I don't think they show the real "value"
of the documentation efforts or my role in creating/planning/designing
content.

Given that documentation is one of those things that's not easily
measurable (say, as opposed to a Test Analyst role, where they resolve "x"
no of issues per day), can anyone provide/share insight on how they put
numbers or stats to the content lifecycle?

What apps/softwares/tools are other austechies using to provide
"visibility" of documentation efforts to their clients/employers?

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Cheers,
Swapnil