atw: Tips for viewing PDFs

  • From: Craig Hadden <CraigH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:32:41 +1100

I thought some of the following tips for viewing PDFs might be new to some
people, who might find them useful. They were a bit of an eye-opener to me
when people showed me them!

* To easily zoom-in on a specific area of the page, click the magnifying
glass and then drag from one corner of the area in question to another.

* If you can't see the whole page, you can drag it around within the
document window (having selected the Hand tool) to quickly see other parts
of the page. However, you can't drag past the window's edge, so it's
sometimes easier to do the following (which works for local PDFs in Acrobat
or Reader, but not for web-based PDFs in Internet Explorer): To display
thumbnails choose Window>Show Thumbnails, then drag the red border
(representing the visible area) within the thumbnail. (You can also zoom in
or out by dragging the dot at the bottom-right corner of the red border.)

Regards,
Craig