atw: Technical Writer role at Mincom, Brisbane

  • From: Kirsty Taylor <kirsty.taylor@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 18:00:06 -0800

Hi,

I am looking to fill a vacancy made by a long-term contractor moving to new
opportunities in another role at another company.
The writer would be responsible for updating and creating user documentation
for products within our Intelligent Mining Solutions suite, specifically Mincom
Assay Management and Mincom Production Accounting.

Purpose:  The technical writer is responsible for researching, writing,
validating and editing content for multiple Mincom products in accordance with
our standards for single-sourcing and writing for a global audience. Content
products include some of the following deliverables: help, training guides,
eLearning, assessments, certification questions, performance support, and job
aids.

Main Duties:

*         Author new and update existing single-sourced content, working
independently and with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)

*         Interview SMEs and based upon interviews, create help and
documentation content, instructional exercises and course offerings

 *   Establish working relationships with SMEs across the company

*         Responsible for the accuracy, consistency and readability of
documentation related to the product

*         Own authoring process from design review, task analysis, authoring,
editing, to delivery of final content for product areas on schedule for Mincom
Assay Management and Mincom Production Accounting

 *   Implement Mincom standards including: format, structure, translatability
and single-sourcing
Skills/Experience:

*         Two or more years of technical writing experience in the IT industry

*         Technical mining software experience is preferred

*         Experience in writing and single-sourcing content in AuthorIT
preferred

The role is based in our Brisbane head office, where our core R&D is performed.
An ad will be being posted on Seek in the next few days. I'm happy to receive
applications directly.
I'm also happy to consider either a full-time or fixed-term contract
appointment for this role.

Thanks,
KT

Kirsty Taylor
Team Leader - Technical Documentation
Email: kirsty.taylor@xxxxxxxxxx
MINCOM
Experience asset intensity.
www.mincom.com

information. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the
sender and delete the transmission. The contents of this e-mail are the opinion
of the writer only and are not endorsed by the Mincom Group of companies unless
expressly stated otherwise.