atw: Statistics on Australian Technical Writers

  • From: James Hunt <writerlyjames@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 14:26:39 +1000

People,

I have collated available Australian Bureau of Statistics figures on technical writers, and compared them with data for book editors. Available data is from the 2006 Census, and the very last items were published in March of this year (and yes, there was another Census in there).

It would be interesting to extend the tables to include data from the 2011 Census, but that data may not even be available yet.

The report is too long and too complicated in layout for an e-mail, so I have put a PDF version into Dropbox, at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6had7fkn8vj6zo4/shortage.pdf

If it doesn't work, write me. This is a reduced version: I have removed almost all commentary and analysis.

JH