atw: Some Forwarded Friday Humour, Already.

  • From: Michael Edward Granat <megranat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 10:24:30 +1100

The Bacon Tree

Back in the wild west, a  wagon train was lost and very low on food, and
they had seen no other people for days.

Unexpectedly, they saw an old Jewish man sitting beneath a tree.
The leader rushed up to him and said, "We're lost. Is there someplace ahead
where we can get food?" "Vell," the old Jewish man said, "I vould
definitely NOT go over dat hill. Somevun told me you'll run  into a big
bacon tree." "A bacon tree!!!!?" asked the wagon train leader.
"Yah, yah ah bacon tree. Trust me. For nutting vud I lie."

The leader  goes back and tells his people what the Jewish man had told him.
"So why did he say not to go there?" some pioneers asked.
"Oh, you know the Jewish folks - they don't eat bacon."
So the wagon train goes up the hill and down the other side.

About an hour later the leader of the wagon train returns, disheveled  and
wounded, to where the old Jewish man is sitting and enjoying his drink.
The near-dead man starts shouting, "You fool! You sent us to our deaths!
We followed your instructions, but there was no bacon tree. Just  hundreds
of Indians. They killed everyone but me.

The Jewish man  holds   up his hand  and says, "oy, vait a minute, vait a
minute."
He gets out  an English-Yiddish dictionary and begins thumbing through it
"Oh  mine   Gott, I made myself ah big mistake.
It vuz not a bacon tree.

I mant to say it vuz a ham bush!"